Tuesday 11 September 2007

White Sea - Russia



I was just stuck in a hotel in Moscow. Bad luck, but at the same time it gave me an opportunity to re-live yesterday. I had a memorable day on the Northern Dvina River. Together with my Russian friends; Olga, Vladimir, Jury, Natasha and Anna I had the pleasure exploring the borders of the White Sea. It made me feel like continuing an ancient tradition of keeping up the good relationship between the Pomor People and Northern Norway. Mayor of Patrakeevka; Petr Ivanovich Kopytov (you see him in the only portrait below) had a first class, number one welcome in his village, that's for sure. In excitement I took a few pictures...









6 comments:

Lorena said...

Your pictures are fantastic. Congratulations from Spain!

Jørn said...

Lorena; thank you very much for that.

Johan said...

These are some high quality images Jørn! The way you captured the sun is showing impressive craftmanship. Congrats!
I'd love to go visit that part of Russia. It seems like a beautiful place with lots to explore. We may have to reconsider our list of potential photo safari destinations..

Jørn said...

Yes, we shall def. go on a photo safari to NW-Russia in the future. Thanks for comnts.

Anonymous said...

Hej Jorn!!!

Hilsen fra Margit og Sean i Australien. When are you coming to visit us???

I just wanted to let you know that I think your Polar Files blog is so fantastic I have used it as a demonstration of what can be achieved with one of my clients.

Who in fact is Zoos Victoria in Australia. Zoos Victoria has 3 zoos - one which is a citizen of the world, one which represents Africa and one which represents the Australian native wildlife.

They are just about to spend $20million on building an interactive exhibit which includes deep diving pools for their seals and many other important flora and fauna that sits in Victoria's back yard.

Now it’s not quite the wild, but the people of the Zoo are determined to educate visitors on conservation and looking after our world - with steps they can actually take.

So you will shortly be famous in the executive team of Zoos Victoria - at least that's what I am hoping!!!!

Best wishes to you from us and we will see you in the North Pole or Sydney soon.

MJ :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jørn
What superb photos. Tussen tak..I have just tried to email you but seem to have the wrong email address. Sorry to use your blog to get in touch but can't cope with the idea of not being able to communicate with you.
Help!
Domx
dominique.g@lineone.net