Sunday 21 January 2007

TIFF '07

Tromsø International Film Festival (tiff.no) is going on and it's peak season for cultural events in Tromsø. The Film Festival is the most influental Film Festival in Norway and it is a very inclusive event where northerners like myself can make "travels" to exotic places and cultures in the cinematic darkness. Close to 45.000 tickets are sold during the six days of the festival and between viewings it seems like everybody is drawn to the local waterholes to zip a wine or a caffe latte. Social life is booming and it's just a very nice and social atmosphere in the city. My personal favourites of what I've seen is the Mexican 'El Violin' directed by Francisco Vargas Quevedo and Tommy Lee Jones' 'The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada'. They both had a setting in Mexico - I think I have to go there some day...



1 comment:

Johan said...

Thanks for puting me in the festival mood after reading your report. The pics was as allways exellent. TIFF is of course an important event in Tromsoe, but the importance of Insomnia, Bukta and Riddu riddu as cultural events shouldn't be ignored either. I expect full reports from these also. In due time off course..